Fowler is a virtual icon of British prescriptivism. But what about other languages? Do other languages – French, Dutch, Russian, Chinese … – have similar traditions of prescriptive writing on language for a general public?
- Fowler’s Modern English Usage: new but not New wp.me/p1PkG7-22v 2 days ago
- When does @Microsoft Word get its style and grammar advice from? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2015/03/25/fra… #usage2015 #considerrevising 3 days ago
- Is it part of #dutchculture to write a letter about language to the editor of a newspaper? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2015/03/24/a-d… #usage2015 4 days ago
- Is "onto" a word? Simon Heffer says "no". What do we say? Read it in the latest post on our blog! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2015/03/23/ont… 6 days ago
- Did I just walk into or in to a lamp post? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2015/03/20/int… #crowdscience 1 week ago