Fowler is a virtual icon of British prescriptivism. But what about other languages? Do other languages – French, Dutch, Russian, Chinese … – have similar traditions of prescriptive writing on language for a general public?
- Join us for the 11th Bridging the Unbridgeable Lunch Lecture, the topic on the 28 May is Croatian orthography wp.me/p1PkG7-2b0 2 weeks ago
- RT @The_Moki: #Fundilymundily the language of the UK general election 2015: wp.me/p1PkG7-2aI via @usageguides 2 weeks ago
- We are looking for a copy of Rosaline Masson's Use and Abuse of English. If you're able to help, let us know! wp.me/p1PkG7-2aD 3 weeks ago
- Language advice is historically found also in etiquette books. Read all about it in the feature by Paul Nance goo.gl/3u3ux5 3 weeks ago
- RT @The_Moki: Between You and Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen - a look inside of a punctuation usage guide wp.me/p1PkG7-29Y via @usa… 1 month ago