Fowler is a virtual icon of British prescriptivism. But what about other languages? Do other languages – French, Dutch, Russian, Chinese … – have similar traditions of prescriptive writing on language for a general public?
- Garner's Language Change Index: some cons goo.gl/AQ7lLA & pros goo.gl/7YjRdw Thanks @PaulGNance twitter.com/PaulGNance/sta… 5 days ago
- Keep your lunch hour on 10 December free. @vikostadin will be presenting Brat: a rapid annotation tool @LUCL_Leiden https://t.co/zw9roazbyi 5 days ago
- Tell us what you think about Microsoft grammar and style checker! twitter.com/JemButterfield… 1 week ago
- Listen to our own @IngridTieken talk about our project in an interview w/ Paul Brians @CommErrorsDaily goo.gl/3rtAu5 1 week ago
- RT @The_Moki: Laura Tresch took us to New Zealand at today's lunch lecture @usageguides authenticating the variety since the 1970s https://… 1 week ago