Paul Bennett, one of the commenters in this blog, offers language advice to the readers of his website. There is a wealth of information in his Quick Language Guide for Writers, and of particular interest there is his section called Snares in pairs.
- (Internet) language changes, and that’s okay. An interesting read on netspeak and prescriptivism by @GretchenAMcC: twitter.com/PaulGNance/sta… 1 day ago
- Join us for our new Lunch Lecture series on Digital Humanities this Thursday! @LUCL_Leiden @LeidenHum http://t.co/ozpsy97CSP 1 week ago
- RT @PaulGNance: @usageguides 1956 New Yorker cartoon on hypercorrection #language #prescriptivism http://t.co/8D8u8F5CyP 1 week ago
- Who is Kay Sayce, the author of What not to write? If you have any information, do let us know! wp.me/p1PkG7-2dI 1 week ago
- RT @PaulGNance: @usageguides "Dear Pedants: Your Fave Grammar Rule is Probably Fake" daily.jstor.org/grammar-rule-i… 1 week ago