Paul Bennett, one of the commenters in this blog, offers language advice to the readers of his website. There is a wealth of information in his Quick Language Guide for Writers, and of particular interest there is his section called Snares in pairs.
Tagsain't Americanisms apostrophe attitudes attitudes to usage BBC Bryan Garner call for papers corpus could of database David Crystal education English usage facebook flat adverbs fowler grammar Henry Fowler humour ICEHL Jane Austen John Honey Kingsley Amis less/fewer like lowth lucl Lynne Truss oed OUP prescriptivism Prescriptivism conference punctuation spelling split infinitive survey technology The Language Trap try and University of Leiden usage usage guides usage poll usage problems
- #PrescrConf over. Next one is in Provo (UT) in about 3 yrs. 3 days ago
- Robin Straaijer gave a perspective on prescriptivism #PrescrConf2013 3 days ago
- Viktorija Kostadinova dished up the Cyberstate of the Language #PrescrConf2013 3 days ago
- Last papers of the project members done! #PrescrConf2013 3 days ago
- @usageguides By a spirited & inspiring Felix Ameka #forgottotweet 3 days ago