Paul Bennett, one of the commenters in this blog, offers language advice to the readers of his website. There is a wealth of information in his Quick Language Guide for Writers, and of particular interest there is his section called Snares in pairs.
- Join us for our 10th Lunch Lecture on the diachronic development of to-contractions in American English goo.gl/OYPN35 @LUCL_Leiden 1 day ago
- Fowler’s Modern English Usage: new but not New wp.me/p1PkG7-22v 5 days ago
- When does @Microsoft Word get its style and grammar advice from? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2015/03/25/fra… #usage2015 #considerrevising 6 days ago
- Is it part of #dutchculture to write a letter about language to the editor of a newspaper? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2015/03/24/a-d… #usage2015 1 week ago
- Is "onto" a word? Simon Heffer says "no". What do we say? Read it in the latest post on our blog! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2015/03/23/ont… 1 week ago