- Leiden University Centre for Linguistics Colloquium: on 2 November, Ingrid Tieken-Boon van Ostade will present a paper on the topic of the Bridging the Unbridgeable project. Time 15.30-17.00. Room Lipsius 147. Topic to be announced.
- New Bridging the Unbridgeable Exhibition: from 19 September 2012 onwards, on Garner’s Modern American Usage. English Department, University of Leiden, 2nd floor
- 3rd Bridging the Unbridgeable Lunch Lecture: Launch: A database of English usage guides and usage problems. Friday, 21 September 2012.Time: 12.15-1 pm. Room: Lipsius 148.
- 2nd Bridging the Unbridgeable Lunch Lecture on working with social media in academic contexts. Wednesday 30 May 2012, 12.15-13.00 Room: Lipsius 148.
- 1st Bridging the Unbridgeable Lunch Lecture: “Working with WordSmith Tools”, 20 April 2012, 12.15-13.00, Lipsius 235c
Tagsain't Americanisms apostrophe attitudes attitudes to usage BBC Bryan Garner call for papers corpus could of database David Crystal education English usage facebook flat adverbs fowler grammar Henry Fowler humour ICEHL Jane Austen John Honey Kingsley Amis less/fewer like lowth lucl Lynne Truss oed OUP prescriptivism Prescriptivism conference punctuation spelling split infinitive survey technology The Language Trap try and University of Leiden usage usage guides usage poll usage problems
- What is your favourite language blog? take the poll on our blog! ow.ly/m8Dzr 1 day ago
- #PrescrConf over. Next one is in Provo (UT) in about 3 yrs. 4 days ago
- Robin Straaijer gave a perspective on prescriptivism #PrescrConf2013 5 days ago
- Viktorija Kostadinova dished up the Cyberstate of the Language #PrescrConf2013 5 days ago
- Last papers of the project members done! #PrescrConf2013 5 days ago