Below, you will find usage poll number 4, with items 16 – 20 from the questionnaire in Mittins et al. (1970).
Tagsain't Americanisms apostrophe attitudes attitudes to usage BBC Bryan Garner call for papers corpus could of database David Crystal education English usage facebook flat adverbs fowler grammar Henry Fowler humour ICEHL Jane Austen John Honey Kingsley Amis less/fewer like lowth lucl Lynne Truss oed OUP prescriptivism Prescriptivism conference punctuation spelling split infinitive survey technology The Language Trap try and University of Leiden usage usage guides usage poll usage problems
- What is your favourite language blog? take the poll on our blog! ow.ly/m8Dzr 11 hours ago
- #PrescrConf over. Next one is in Provo (UT) in about 3 yrs. 4 days ago
- Robin Straaijer gave a perspective on prescriptivism #PrescrConf2013 4 days ago
- Viktorija Kostadinova dished up the Cyberstate of the Language #PrescrConf2013 4 days ago
- Last papers of the project members done! #PrescrConf2013 4 days ago