Here, at long last, is the fifth usage poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. Please let us know what you think!
Tagsain't Americanisms apostrophe attitudes attitudes to usage BBC Bryan Garner call for papers corpus could of database David Crystal education English usage facebook flat adverbs fowler grammar Henry Fowler humour ICEHL Jane Austen John Honey Kingsley Amis less/fewer like lowth lucl Lynne Truss oed OUP prescriptivism Prescriptivism conference punctuation spelling split infinitive survey technology The Language Trap try and University of Leiden usage usage guides usage poll usage problems
- What is your favourite language blog? take the poll on our blog! ow.ly/m8Dzr 1 day ago
- #PrescrConf over. Next one is in Provo (UT) in about 3 yrs. 5 days ago
- Robin Straaijer gave a perspective on prescriptivism #PrescrConf2013 5 days ago
- Viktorija Kostadinova dished up the Cyberstate of the Language #PrescrConf2013 5 days ago
- Last papers of the project members done! #PrescrConf2013 5 days ago