If you wondered what happened to the 5th Usage Poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. (1970): it hasn’t been up yet. We are temporarily skipping these items because Ingrid Tieken needs input for a paper she is planning to present at the SENSE symposium on 27 January (see under News for more information).
- From the blog: Muphry’s Law and other mistakes prescriptivists make: wp.me/p1PkG7-2cx 1 week ago
- New publication by Tieken and Kostadinova on 'have went' just out! Check the details of the publication on the blog: wp.me/p1PkG7-2ct 1 week ago
- "Go slow" or "Go slowly"? What do you think of flat adverbs? Share your views in this survey: wp.me/p1PkG7-2cp #grammar #English 2 weeks ago
- When grammar pedants get it wrong or Muphry's Law: no criticism of other people’s grammar is free of mistakes twitter.com/PaulGNance/sta… 2 weeks ago
- Newest from the blog, Michael Gove and grammar rules twitter.com/CarmenEbner/st… 1 month ago