If you wondered what happened to the 5th Usage Poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. (1970): it hasn’t been up yet. We are temporarily skipping these items because Ingrid Tieken needs input for a paper she is planning to present at the SENSE symposium on 27 January (see under News for more information).
- Join us for our new Lunch Lecture series on Digital Humanities this Thursday! @LUCL_Leiden @LeidenHum http://t.co/ozpsy97CSP 4 days ago
- RT @PaulGNance: @usageguides 1956 New Yorker cartoon on hypercorrection #language #prescriptivism http://t.co/8D8u8F5CyP 4 days ago
- Who is Kay Sayce, the author of What not to write? If you have any information, do let us know! wp.me/p1PkG7-2dI 1 week ago
- RT @PaulGNance: @usageguides "Dear Pedants: Your Fave Grammar Rule is Probably Fake" daily.jstor.org/grammar-rule-i… 1 week ago
- Bryson in Hungary and China: wp.me/p1PkG7-2dC 1 week ago