If you wondered what happened to the 5th Usage Poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. (1970): it hasn’t been up yet. We are temporarily skipping these items because Ingrid Tieken needs input for a paper she is planning to present at the SENSE symposium on 27 January (see under News for more information).
- Happy English Grammar Day! We challenge you to make it a Correct-Your-English Language Day. Read all about it: goo.gl/Z3fjRd 2 days ago
- New blog post: Where does the term "usage guide" come from? wp.me/p1PkG7-291 3 days ago
- Does anyone know more about the authorship of Vulgarities of Speech Corrected? wp.me/p1PkG7-27d @worldcatorg 2 weeks ago
- From our blog: Let us have Correct English, even if it is for one day only, 23 April #EnglishLanguageDay wp.me/p1PkG7-270 2 weeks ago
- A fuss about the octopus: blog post by Inge Otto announcing our newest feature in English Today @CambUP_LangLing ow.ly/Li1PE 2 weeks ago