If you wondered what happened to the 5th Usage Poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. (1970): it hasn’t been up yet. We are temporarily skipping these items because Ingrid Tieken needs input for a paper she is planning to present at the SENSE symposium on 27 January (see under News for more information).
- New blog post on customer reviews of usage guides: Taggart vs. Pinker: and the winner is ...: wp.me/p1PkG7-2eW 11 hours ago
- Stevens Pinker @sapinker on misguided prescriptivism and the success of The Sense of Style twitter.com/PaulGNance/sta… 16 hours ago
- Missed Python for Lunch talk by Folgert Karsdorp at our digital humanities lecture series? Check this repository out goo.gl/CcZb4y 5 days ago
- The Guardian piece reveals Wordsworth was bad at punctuation! More fun facts in new book by @davcr Making a Point twitter.com/davcr/status/6… 6 days ago
- Language change is discussed in these 6 TED talks. Check it out! twitter.com/The_Moki/statu… 1 week ago