Some of the posts contain brief polls as well, as we are interested in your feedback on the usage questions discussed there. See those in starting a sentence with and, could of and adverbial likely for this, as well as the one on Amy Winehouse.
Tagsain't Americanisms apostrophe attitudes attitudes to usage BBC Bryan Garner call for papers corpus could of database David Crystal education English usage facebook flat adverbs fowler grammar Henry Fowler humour ICEHL Jane Austen John Honey Kingsley Amis less/fewer like lowth lucl Lynne Truss oed OUP prescriptivism Prescriptivism conference punctuation spelling split infinitive survey technology The Language Trap try and University of Leiden usage usage guides usage poll usage problems
- Back in the UK: grammar tests! #grammar bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2013/05/17/new… 2 days ago
- Koffie's or koffies? #Dutch #plural bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2013/05/15/kof… 2 days ago
- Please remember to check out... or don't forget to check out? #usageproblems bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2013/05/14/ple… 2 days ago
- It's not you, it's your grammar. #turnoffs bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2013/05/13/it-… 2 days ago
- Shampoos and Language Usage Reviews on the Bridging the Unbridgeable blog ow.ly/kOuWP #usage 1 week ago