On 8 July I wrote a post on a piece on irregardless in the UK Guardian newspaper, not because of the piece itself, but because it generated 327 responses from readers. This, I now realise, was small fry. A piece on (mis)pronunciation on 20 July has 3,192 responses! Incidentally, the irregardless piece has now racked up 1,568 responses. The (Guardian-reading) general public is well and truly engaged.
- Lowth at New College,@Oxford robertlowth.wordpress.com/2021/05/04/low… 4 months ago
- Lowth on the cover robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/30/low… 8 months ago
- Letters by Lowth auctioned at Sotheby robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/09/let… 9 months ago
- Congrats Dr Beau from #cl2017bham @beauspeakswell https://t.co/PV6a73pZbs 4 years ago
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 4 years ago