If you wondered what happened to the 5th Usage Poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. (1970): it hasn’t been up yet. We are temporarily skipping these items because Ingrid Tieken needs input for a paper she is planning to present at the SENSE symposium on 27 January (see under News for more information).
- RT @JezzB2: THAT "like". Attitude survey results here. The "new" <i>like</I> and non-native speakers of English bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2016/08/17/the… via… 1 day ago
- RT @LeidenHum: .@IngridTieken vertelt over blog Bridging the Unbridgeable: bit.ly/2aU5bex @usageguides https://t.co/frPpTfOvWW 1 week ago
- English Today just out with our latest contribution: "The Internet's (New) Usage Problems" by Hielke Vriesendorp goo.gl/YlXfjb 3 weeks ago
- The next Prescriptivism conference: 21-23 June 2017 is taking place at @BYU goo.gl/GgBPE6 3 weeks ago
- "Use the active voice" - full stop goo.gl/4kLvsv 4 weeks ago