If you wondered what happened to the 5th Usage Poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. (1970): it hasn’t been up yet. We are temporarily skipping these items because Ingrid Tieken needs input for a paper she is planning to present at the SENSE symposium on 27 January (see under News for more information).
- Journal of Multilingual&Multicultural Development just out includes papers from Attitudes to Prescriptivism workshop twitter.com/improrobin/sta… 5 hours ago
- RT @StanCarey: Linguistic diversity should be celebrated, not suppressed. My @guardianopinion article on policing students' speech: https:/… 15 hours ago
- A post on current prescriptivism in French from @f_moncomble Well worth a read! twitter.com/f_moncomble/st… 1 day ago
- RT @f_moncomble: Are people more accepting of “deviant” English usages now than in the ’70s? wp.me/p1PkG7-2nX via @usageguides 2 days ago
- Our latest interactive feature in English Today: Usage advice online goo.gl/cov44Y 2 days ago