If you wondered what happened to the 5th Usage Poll, with items 21 to 25 from Mittins et al. (1970): it hasn’t been up yet. We are temporarily skipping these items because Ingrid Tieken needs input for a paper she is planning to present at the SENSE symposium on 27 January (see under News for more information).
- Linguist List's review of Bryan Garner (2016) bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/05/21/bry… 6 days ago
- RT @CarmenEbner: Prescriptive Attitudes to English Usage - Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Linguistics linguistics.oxfordre.com/view/10.1093/a… 1 week ago
- Grammar Badgers bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/05/11/gra… via @usageguides 2 weeks ago
- Microsoft Word, or: what is wrong with prescriptivism? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/05/09/mic… via @usageguides 2 weeks ago
- How many d's in Grand(d)ad? No riddle bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/05/01/how… via @usageguides 3 weeks ago