My colleague Ton van der Wouden would like to know if whether or not is a usage problem – or not. He noticed an enormous increase in usage (Google Books) over the last eighty years or so. As far as I know, it is not an issue dealt with in any of the usage guides I’ve seen. Can anyone help him find any literature about it?
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 1 month ago
- More than th-fronting or David Lodge's Deaf sentence bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/13/mor… 1 month ago
- Only 35? Another list on writing dos and donts bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/06/onl… 1 month ago
- New from the blog -- Pullum: "Strunk simply doesn’t bother to look" by @CarmenEbner goo.gl/0tkJBu 1 month ago
- Can pedant be a verb? The Guardian says yes theguardian.com/science/brain-… 1 month ago