The most frequent hit on our blog at this time of the year is to Carmen Ebner’s post on the question of where to place the apostrophe (if at all) in “Season’s greeetings”. Well, here is something different for all those interested in usage guides and usage advice, and on the question of whether usage guides are ever consulted in the first place: some light and very short reading from OUP’s blog post in case you get bored over the long Christmas weekend: four days in this country! With all best wishes for the new year from all of us!
- Congrats Dr Beau from #cl2017bham @beauspeakswell https://t.co/PV6a73pZbs 3 years ago
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 3 years ago
- More than th-fronting or David Lodge's Deaf sentence bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/13/mor… 3 years ago
- Only 35? Another list on writing dos and donts bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/06/onl… 3 years ago
- New from the blog -- Pullum: "Strunk simply doesn’t bother to look" by @CarmenEbner goo.gl/0tkJBu 3 years ago