Fowler is a virtual icon of British prescriptivism. But what about other languages? Do other languages – French, Dutch, Russian, Chinese … – have similar traditions of prescriptive writing on language for a general public?
- A Christmas wish goo.gl/gom6js 4 weeks ago
- Call for papers on standardisation in the electronic journal E-rea goo.gl/GvsgeK 1 month ago
- Life after HUGE? Absolutely! Thanks to all the speakers for their wonderful talks once again! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2016/12/12/lif… #AFTERHUGE 1 month ago
- Final talk by @IngridTieken on building an online community as part of BtU project #AFTERHUGE https://t.co/yTZXCneUhT 1 month ago
- Studying prescriptivism in American English and the case of literally @vikostadin #AFTERHUGE https://t.co/gOfSXouZgH 1 month ago