Lynne Truss’s Eats Shoots and Leaves (2003) deals with punctuation, while Fowler’s Modern English Usage (1926 and later editions) deals with grammar and lexis. Do we find usage guides in fairly equal numbers for all linguistic fields, spelling, punctuation, grammar, pronunciation? Have there perhaps been any changes in focus in this respect over the years?
- Our closing symposium mentioned in The Pedant @OliverKamm & why it's okay to split infinitives goo.gl/KTAFoA 4 weeks ago
- A Christmas wish goo.gl/gom6js 2 months ago
- Call for papers on standardisation in the electronic journal E-rea goo.gl/GvsgeK 2 months ago
- Life after HUGE? Absolutely! Thanks to all the speakers for their wonderful talks once again! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2016/12/12/lif… #AFTERHUGE 2 months ago
- Final talk by @IngridTieken on building an online community as part of BtU project #AFTERHUGE https://t.co/yTZXCneUhT 2 months ago