Lynne Truss’s Eats Shoots and Leaves (2003) deals with punctuation, while Fowler’s Modern English Usage (1926 and later editions) deals with grammar and lexis. Do we find usage guides in fairly equal numbers for all linguistic fields, spelling, punctuation, grammar, pronunciation? Have there perhaps been any changes in focus in this respect over the years?
- A Christmas wish goo.gl/gom6js 1 month ago
- Call for papers on standardisation in the electronic journal E-rea goo.gl/GvsgeK 1 month ago
- Life after HUGE? Absolutely! Thanks to all the speakers for their wonderful talks once again! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2016/12/12/lif… #AFTERHUGE 1 month ago
- Final talk by @IngridTieken on building an online community as part of BtU project #AFTERHUGE https://t.co/yTZXCneUhT 1 month ago
- Studying prescriptivism in American English and the case of literally @vikostadin #AFTERHUGE https://t.co/gOfSXouZgH 1 month ago