This time, though, in view of the discussions about usage and usage problems on this blog, I decided to keep track of the kind of usage problems I encountered in their writing (which btw tends to be very to fairly good).
So far, I’ve listed the following:
- to dig even deeper (for “more deeply”)
- computer programme (for “program”)
- this research (for “analysis”: is this an Americanism?)
- amount of similarities, a high amount of French words (for “number”)
- it are these differences (possibly a typically Dutch error)
- the reason is because (for “that”).
How common are these features among native-speaking students? Mine are in their second year. What other features of this kind do readers of this blog encounter?