What is happening to the word “analysis”, or perhaps “study” (though this might be considered a bit grand for a student paper)? Marking large batches of BA and MA essays this month, I’m beginning to realise that this is developing into something of a pet peeve for me. Where is this (new?) usage coming from? Am I the only one who is annoyed by this word? Should I correct students for using it?
- RT @f_moncomble: 2 undergrads of mine are conducting a survey on gender-neutral pronouns in English. Resps &/or RTs much appreciated! https… 1 week ago
- Congratulations, Paul Brians! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/02/28/con… 3 weeks ago
- Can someone perhaps help us get in touch with Angela Burt, the author of The A to Z of Correct English? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/02/24/ang… 3 weeks ago
- Our closing symposium mentioned in The Pedant @OliverKamm & why it's okay to split infinitives goo.gl/KTAFoA 2 months ago
- A Christmas wish goo.gl/gom6js 3 months ago