There have been various posts in this blog on Sir Ernest Gowers (1880-1966), one of our major usage guide writers, so high time for a mini-exhibition showing some of our finds, as well as illustrating his legacy as the writer of (ultimately) The Complete Plain Words (1954) and the editor of the second edition of Fowler’s Modern English Usage (1965).
- Lowth at New College,@Oxford robertlowth.wordpress.com/2021/05/04/low… 3 months ago
- Lowth on the cover robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/30/low… 7 months ago
- Letters by Lowth auctioned at Sotheby robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/09/let… 7 months ago
- Congrats Dr Beau from #cl2017bham @beauspeakswell https://t.co/PV6a73pZbs 4 years ago
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 4 years ago