It’s the start of a new year and thus a good time to rack up some numbers from our presence last year on social media. Here they are:
To start, we presently have more followers than ever: over 800 people now follow us on either this blog, on Facebook or on Twitter.
- We put up 91 new posts in the past 12 months
- We had about 46,000 views this year, which means that we almost doubled our number of views in a single year!
- The increased traffic to our blog was very noticeable, as the number of daily visitors rose from 77 in 2013 to as many as 125 this year
- With almost 6,500 visits, August was our busiest month ever since the start of this blog in 2011!
- People from as many as 160 different countries visited our blog this year, which makes us feel like a truly global project
I’d like to thank all our commenters from outside the project, and especially our top commenters tonyparr2364378528, Marten, Richard Bond, Tim Waller, & Ray Carey, for making our blog truly interactive
We stayed active on Facebook and Twitter. We sent many tweets and almost doubled our number of facebook followers in 2014. 80 new people liked our facebook page and we put op 200 Facebook posts last year.
New last year was our own Bridging the Unbridgeable channel on YouTube this year. There we have some videos about how the HUGE database was made, as well as videos from people and organisations that we like and that we think you might like.