Anne Curzan (Fixing English: Prescriptivism and Language History, Cambridge University Press, 2014) has recently(?) launched an “English Grammar Boot Camp” with The Great Courses. This is “a thorough immersion in all of the key elements of English grammar and usage”, in twenty-four lectures, from “Why Do We Care about Grammar?” to “Trending Language”. This is not a MOOC but a paid-for course, either as DVD or Video Download. Might be interesting!
- Congrats Dr Beau from #cl2017bham @beauspeakswell https://t.co/PV6a73pZbs 1 year ago
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 1 year ago
- More than th-fronting or David Lodge's Deaf sentence bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/13/mor… 1 year ago
- Only 35? Another list on writing dos and donts bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/06/onl… 1 year ago
- New from the blog -- Pullum: "Strunk simply doesn’t bother to look" by @CarmenEbner goo.gl/0tkJBu 1 year ago