On 8 July I wrote a post on a piece on irregardless in the UK Guardian newspaper, not because of the piece itself, but because it generated 327 responses from readers. This, I now realise, was small fry. A piece on (mis)pronunciation on 20 July has 3,192 responses! Incidentally, the irregardless piece has now racked up 1,568 responses. The (Guardian-reading) general public is well and truly engaged.
- Congrats Dr Beau from #cl2017bham @beauspeakswell https://t.co/PV6a73pZbs 3 years ago
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 3 years ago
- More than th-fronting or David Lodge's Deaf sentence bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/13/mor… 3 years ago
- Only 35? Another list on writing dos and donts bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/06/onl… 3 years ago
- New from the blog -- Pullum: "Strunk simply doesn’t bother to look" by @CarmenEbner goo.gl/0tkJBu 3 years ago