On 9 December 2016, the Bridging the Unbridgeable project will organise a usage guides symposium at the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics. Speakers will include Rebecca Gowers (author of the revised edition of Plain Words and of the recently published Horrible Words), Oliver Kamm (author of Accidence will Happen), Harry Ritchie (author of English for the Natives) as well as the members of the project, including Robin Straaijer (who recently published a review of the 4th edition of Fowler’s Modern English Usage by Jeremy Butterfield). Further details about how to register for the symposium will follow soon, but you will find the preliminary programme here.
- RT @f_moncomble: 2 undergrads of mine are conducting a survey on gender-neutral pronouns in English. Resps &/or RTs much appreciated! https… 1 month ago
- Congratulations, Paul Brians! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/02/28/con… 1 month ago
- Can someone perhaps help us get in touch with Angela Burt, the author of The A to Z of Correct English? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/02/24/ang… 1 month ago
- Our closing symposium mentioned in The Pedant @OliverKamm & why it's okay to split infinitives goo.gl/KTAFoA 2 months ago
- A Christmas wish goo.gl/gom6js 4 months ago