On 9 December 2016, the Bridging the Unbridgeable project will organise a usage guides symposium at the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics. Speakers will include Rebecca Gowers (author of the revised edition of Plain Words and of the recently published Horrible Words), Oliver Kamm (author of Accidence will Happen), Harry Ritchie (author of English for the Natives) as well as the members of the project, including Robin Straaijer (who recently published a review of the 4th edition of Fowler’s Modern English Usage by Jeremy Butterfield). Further details about how to register for the symposium will follow soon, but you will find the preliminary programme here.
- Lowth on the cover robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/30/low… 4 weeks ago
- Letters by Lowth auctioned at Sotheby robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/09/let… 1 month ago
- Congrats Dr Beau from #cl2017bham @beauspeakswell https://t.co/PV6a73pZbs 3 years ago
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 3 years ago
- More than th-fronting or David Lodge's Deaf sentence bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/13/mor… 3 years ago