I’ve always been wondering about the relationship between Five Hundred Mistakes of Daily Occurrence (1856) and Live and Learn: A Guide for All, who Wish to Speak and Write Correctly (1856?). Both are usage guides, and they seem to share the date of publication as well as a lot of contents. Both are included in the HUGE database. Paul Nance has just added a very interesting piece to the puzzle.
- RT @f_moncomble: 2 undergrads of mine are conducting a survey on gender-neutral pronouns in English. Resps &/or RTs much appreciated! https… 1 month ago
- Congratulations, Paul Brians! bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/02/28/con… 1 month ago
- Can someone perhaps help us get in touch with Angela Burt, the author of The A to Z of Correct English? bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/02/24/ang… 1 month ago
- Our closing symposium mentioned in The Pedant @OliverKamm & why it's okay to split infinitives goo.gl/KTAFoA 2 months ago
- A Christmas wish goo.gl/gom6js 4 months ago