I’ve always been wondering about the relationship between Five Hundred Mistakes of Daily Occurrence (1856) and Live and Learn: A Guide for All, who Wish to Speak and Write Correctly (1856?). Both are usage guides, and they seem to share the date of publication as well as a lot of contents. Both are included in the HUGE database. Paul Nance has just added a very interesting piece to the puzzle.
- Lowth at New College,@Oxford robertlowth.wordpress.com/2021/05/04/low… 4 months ago
- Lowth on the cover robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/30/low… 8 months ago
- Letters by Lowth auctioned at Sotheby robertlowth.wordpress.com/2020/12/09/let… 9 months ago
- Congrats Dr Beau from #cl2017bham @beauspeakswell https://t.co/PV6a73pZbs 4 years ago
- Discourse marker "like" and the joys of serendipity bridgingtheunbridgeable.com/2017/06/16/dis… 4 years ago